DETROIT (Feb. 5, 2019) – Champagne christenings, celebrity godmothers and a brand-new, sparkling ship. These are just a few of the reasons avid cruisers have added an inaugural cruise to their “must-do” list, read on for more!
Following is CruiseCompete’s list of the 7 best reasons to take an inaugural cruise:
1. Global Celebrations- When taking an inaugural cruise, you may find yourself rubbing elbows with celebrity guests. Christening ceremonies often feature a celebrity godmother- Queen Elizabeth II has been a godmother three times, and Broadway star Kristin Chenoweth christened Royal Caribbean's Quantum of the Seas. The cruise itself may also feature celebrity guests; renowned chef Jamie Oliver has been known to sail on new ships that feature his restaurants. In addition, with the arrival of a new ship in port, there may be cause for all kinds of exciting celebrations in several cities during the course of the itinerary, drawing elite guests from all over the world.
2. Inaugural “Swag”- Cruise ships typically offer guests mementos for a maiden voyage. When Cunard's Queen Mary 2 launched, she offered "Limited Edition" QM2 maiden-voyage commemorative items, including t-shirts, playing cards, cups and saucers, stamps, baseball caps and key chains… and even painted ostrich eggs! Some of the cruise lines will offer guests customized mementos sometimes in upwards of $50.
3. Introductory Pricing- An inaugural cruise can feel like a steal, as many will offer itineraries priced way below what future sailings would cost. This is the cruise lines’ way of building good word of mouth- happy travelers on the very first voyage will spread the word about the fantastic things offered on the new ship! A good reputation powered by an exceptional maiden voyage will help the brand book future sailings.
4. The Excitement of Exclusivity- Bragging rights are a major selling point for many travelers- and rightfully so- you’re part of a very exclusive club if you were on the maiden voyage of a ship. This is an event that can never be repeated, and there’s something very special about having being part of a unique experience.
5. Extra Special Amenities- Guests of a maiden voyage may receive some extra perks such as extra food options, entertainment, and activities. The cruise line does this to build popularity and good word of mouth in hopes of booking future sailings.
6. An Immaculate, Sparkling Environment- There’s a special excitement in stepping on to a brand-new ship with absolutely no wear and tear- with beds that have not been slept in, and dishes never used. Everything aboard is modern, fresh, and up-to-date. Can you imagine the “brand-new ship” smell? There’s only one way to find out!
7. Customized Services- On regular itineraries, the ship schedule is usually strictly adhered to. On a maiden voyage, however, the routine is not yet fixed and tends to be more relaxed- and the staff tends to be more flexible. They allow changes in menus, seating options, and the scheduling of on-board activities.
A maiden voyage is an incredible adventure, and it is important to realize these sailings fill up fast! To review upcoming maiden voyages, please visit the Inaugural Cruises section on CruiseCompete..
For a list of ships launching in 2019 and beyond, please click here.
CruiseCompete member-agents are the most well-educated, forward-thinking and trusted cruise specialists in the industry. If you’d like more information or assistance planning a future cruise or a cruisetour, please visit CruiseCompete and try the Virtual Cruise Advisor.
Find CruiseCompete’s “Sea Tales 2019 Family Cruise Travel Planner” at www.cruisecompete.com/resources.php. To see consumer feedback click here.
CruiseCompete has been the premier online cruise marketplace since 2003 (see media praises).
Consumers come to CruiseCompete to research and book cruise vacations. More than 1.5 million users have generated close to 4 million requests from consumers, and agents have delivered almost 17 million quotes since 2003. They can compare offers from trusted travel agents, see consumer reviews of agents and agencies responding, then contact travel agents directly for more information and to book cruises. CruiseCompete is a member of the Family Travel Association, the leading authority and resource for family travel information and is home to the Sea Tales 2019 Family Cruise Travel Planner at Travel Resources.
CruiseCompete CruiseTrends™ offers monthly stats for an inside look at consumer trends and what consumers want in cruise vacations.
CruiseCompete takes top honors in Travel + Leisure's “Top 60 Best Apps and Websites for Travelers” with an honorable mention. The Wall Street Journal praised CruiseCompete as “Best Cruise Travel Site,” The New York Times says, “… independent travel agents compete to offer you the best deal," and follows similar praise from Travel + Leisure, Kiplinger and The Washington Post. The Street says, “Score luxury cruises at bargain prices.”
For more information, please visit https://www.cruisecompete.com/ or https://www.cruisecompete.com/group_cruises/
CruiseCompete is an Iowa limited liability company, is not a travel agency or owned by a travel agency.