MEXICO CITY, October 7, 2019 Interjet Airlines announced record traffic results for the nine months ended September 2019 as well as record load factors for the same period while increasing overall available seats by 11 percent. Reported highlights included:
· Overall passenger traffic for nine months ended September 2019 increased by 9.6 percent while growing 10.7 percent for the quarter ended September 2019 and 6.5 percent for September 2019 year-over-year.
· International passenger traffic rose a robust 26% for the same nine-month period while growing 25.3% for the three months ended September 2019 and 28.6% for September YoY.
· Overall load factors increased 10 percent for the nine months ended September 2019, with the airline carrying more than 11.3 million passengers for the nine months.
· RPK’s (revenue passenger kilometers) grew 16.1 percent for the nine months ended September 2019
· ASK’s (available seat kilometers) also increased by 10.1 percent for the same period
“Interjet continues to deliver solid results, including record passenger traffic, especially for our international business,” said Julio Gamero, Interjet’s Chief Commercial Officer. We’re excited to see recent service expansions and frequency additions to our international and domestic flight schedules starting to pay off. This combined with competitive prices, free checked bags on select fares, more legroom between seats and excellent on-board service continues to drive our international and domestic business,” he added.
For more information regarding Interjet’s results or to make a reservation, visit www.interjet.com or in the U.S. call (866) 285-9525.
Interjet is an international airline based in Mexico City carrying 14 million passengers annually within Mexico and between Mexico, the United States, Canada, Central and South America. In all, it provides air service to 54 destinations in 10 countries offering its passengers greater connections and travel options through agreements with major airlines such as Alitalia, All Nippon Airways (ANA), American Airlines, British Airways, Emirates, Air Canada, LATAM Group, Iberia, Lufthansa, Hainan Airlines, Qatar Airlines and Japan Airlines.
Interjet was also honored with Skytrax’s World Airline Award as the ‘Best Low-Cost Airline in Mexico and Best Cabin Crew in Mexico as well as being awarded the Travelers' Choice Trip Advisor Award as the best Mexico airline.